Silverlight and WPF Link Dump
I’ve been too quiet lately and I need to dump some links so I don’t forget about them:
- SVLite Effects from Cellbi – Amazing work with Silverlight… play around with their Carousel project in particular. Awesome.
- Silverlight.FX – From Nikhil Kothari, a very useful FX library with about a dozen kinds of transitions and effects. Download library here. View samples here.
- Silverlight Slider Solutions – From Tim Heuer, if you’re having trouble with the Silverlight slider, this is probably a good place for you.
- Project Rosetta – Familiar with Flash but looking to get into Silverlight? This is your place. It just started up, but design god Rick Barraza is a part of the group so it promises great things.
- Getting all your controls to have the same width in an Items Control – there really is no good way of summarizing what Josh Smith is doing here, but he’s using the fabulous Grid.IsSharedSizeScope property, which is not well known but is fantastically useful for aligning items (especially in WPF forms).
- Dragging, Docking and Expanding Panels in Silverlight Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 – Martin Grayson has a great series of posts on some more advanced interactions possible with Silverlight.