WPF, Silverlight and Design Links for 09/08/09
I finally cleaned out my Google Reader list and picked out the stuff I like.
- Carsonified » 5 Advanced Photoshop Techniques for Web Designers
- Carsonified » Advanced Photoshop Techniques for Web Designers – Part 2
- Source code for “WPF Control Development Unleashed” – From Pavan Podila, control development in WPF is pretty powerful… might be a good idea to check out his book.
- A SilverLight TreeMap control – I can’t believe I missed this for so long. I need to dig into this a little more, but if this really works the way it looks, everyone should be worshiping Pavan Podila over at Pixel in Gene. This is an info vis dream come true.
- Implicit Styles, Templates, Controls and FrameworkElements – From the Windows Presentation Foundation SDK team, Carole Snyder has a post on implicit styles… definately an under-appreciated topic in WPF
- Expression Studio Tutorials Starter Kit – Jaime Rodriguez continues to be awesome
- Mastering CSS, Part 2: Advanced Techniques and Tools – From Smashing Magazine and includes a section on iPhone CSS techniques
- How to Create Your First iPhone Application – Yet another “Make an iPhone app” guide
- How To Effectively Communicate With Developers – The graphic is hilarious.
- Typographic Design Patterns and Best Practices – Good for people who want to start digging into the typographic world
- 50 Useful New jQuery Techniques and Tutorials – 50 is kind of a lot, but this is from Smashing Magazine, whose motto is “The most compelling link dumps in the design community”