Weekly Links – 12-3-2012
Cool Stuff (uncategorized)
- Practical Sketchnoting (pdf) – Sketchnoting is the practice of taking notes using a combination of text and images. Jason Alderman gives helpful tips on how to do it.
Windows Phone 8
- Windows Phone 8 Toolkit overview (Adam Denning) – The WP8 toolkit isn’t required for building apps in Windows Phone 8, but I’d recommend it heavily
- Windows Phone HTML5 App Basics (Matthias Shapiro) – If you want to build apps in Windows Phone but use primarily HTML/JS, here is some get-started info.
- Windows Phone 8 Store Wrapper for In-App-Purchases (Larry Lieberman) – Making things just a little bit easier to do in-app-purchases in Windows Phone. Supports WP 7.1, WP8 and WP XNA apps.
- Geoposition Advanced Tracking Scenarios for Windows Phone 8 (Adam Denning) – includes tracking based on a change in location using the MovementThreshold property new to Windows Phone 8
Windows Phone 8 + Windows 8
- Content Slider Snippet (Kirupa)
- Processing.js – I’ve been playing with Processing.js as a way of writing apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. Promising.
- All About nth-of-type and nth-child (Kirupa) – Really cool overview of powerful nth-child and nth-of-type pseudo-class selectors in CSS
- Creating a blob effect using HTML5 Canvas (Kirupa) – Yeah, most of the stuff here is from Kirupa. But he posts good stuff and I love his blogging style.