Weekly Links, January 15 2013
- Limiting TextBox Input To Integers in Windows Phone – Simple enough, but I use it every couple of projects so I thought it should go somewhere I can find it.
- Add Windows Phone 8 Builds to your Existing Apps (Rajen Kishna @rajen_k) – If you want to support both Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 7 AND you want to feature some Windows Phone 8 only features, you’ll need this post.
- Background Agents for Windows Phone (Part 1 of 3) (Peter Torr) – I was working on some periodic task project this last week and Peter’s post was invaluable.
- Windows Phone 8 Camp in Amsterdam – I’ll be speaking at the Windows Phone 8 Camp in the Netherlands this coming Wednesday (January 23). Hope to see you there!
- Windows Phone 8 skins for your emulator (Lee Stott @lee_stott) – Will installing a custom skin on your Windows Phone 8 emulator make you a better Windows Phone developer? Yes. And I judge you accordingly.
- PhoneGap 2.3.0 is out! – PhoneGap (now has support for Windows Phone 8)
Design, HTML5, and Other
- Construct2 – HTML5 game engine. I’m totally going to get into this… some day…
- Perihelion font for $30 – a pretty cool font
- PlaceKitten.com – For when you need a kitten placeholder service for your designs
- EEG readings + data crunching = Phenotype patterns in psychotic diagnoses (John Robert Shapiro) – Yeah, I have weird leisure reading (inspired by my neuroscientist brother), but it’s actually some pretty cool EEG research looking at auditory responses characteristic in psychotic diagnoses (could lead to identifying genetic markers for these conditions).