This week, I’m in Hanoi Vietnam, helping with the WOWZAPP 2012 Windows hackathon. As part of my participation in WOWZAPP, I gave a presentation this morning entitled: Windows Phone 8 – More Than An App in which I spoke on how Windows Phone 8 allows tight integration with many “outside the sandbox”capabilities in the phone, blurring the line between an application and an extension of the native phone capabilities.
There are about a dozen blog posts worth of information in here, many of which I plan to post in the next few weeks, but in the interest of speed I’m just going to add the PowerPoint presentation and the finished code product.
Completed Windows Phone 8 project to accompany the presentation.
This project contains code for the following scenarios:
- Adding a Flip Tile programmatically
- Adding an Icon Tile programmatically
- Adding a Cycle Tile programmatically
- Updating a Live Tile using a Schedule task
- Adding a Lock Screen Notification
- Creating a Lens (extension of native camera functionality)